Marriage counselor sues Kate Gosselin in Pa.
April 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A marriage counseling company is suing Kate Gosselin for more than $10,000, saying she never paid for their services.
The company, called Creative Energy Options based out Luzerne County, Pa., claims that the reality TV star from Berks County stiffed them for counseling back in 2009.
The lawsuit, filed in Pennsylvania, claims that Kate requested one of their counselors fly to Los Angeles for marriage counseling.
However, the company said, Kate refused to pay for services or travel fees.
Dr. Sylvia Lafair, the president of C.E.O., confirmed the details of the suit to Action News, which was first reported by the website TMZ.
Lafair told Action News that Kate's husband, Jon, "stayed with and finished the program and has redefined his life."
Lafair told TMZ that the company has reached out to Kate several times in hopes of receiving payment with no luck.
C.E.O. is seeking $10,476 in damages.
pennsylvania, berks county, kate gosselin, jon gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 38 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 23 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
25 min ago