Marriage counselor sues Kate Gosselin in Pa.
April 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A marriage counseling company is suing Kate Gosselin for more than $10,000, saying she never paid for their services.
The company, called Creative Energy Options based out Luzerne County, Pa., claims that the reality TV star from Berks County stiffed them for counseling back in 2009.
The lawsuit, filed in Pennsylvania, claims that Kate requested one of their counselors fly to Los Angeles for marriage counseling.
However, the company said, Kate refused to pay for services or travel fees.
Dr. Sylvia Lafair, the president of C.E.O., confirmed the details of the suit to Action News, which was first reported by the website TMZ.
Lafair told Action News that Kate's husband, Jon, "stayed with and finished the program and has redefined his life."
Lafair told TMZ that the company has reached out to Kate several times in hopes of receiving payment with no luck.
C.E.O. is seeking $10,476 in damages.
pennsylvania, berks county, kate gosselin, jon gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish