Country star Strait buys Texas golf resort stake
BOERNE, Texas (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Country superstar George Strait is taking a swing at another of his passions: golf.
Strait says he and his business partner, Tom Cucisk, have purchased the Tapatio Springs Golf Resort and Conference Center in Boerne, about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio.
Strait says they bought the resort from Textron Financial Corp. and that the deal was closed April 1. He does not provide terms of the deal in his Friday news release.
Textron bought the resort in a foreclosure auction last June for $4.5 million.
The resort, founded in 1981, has three nine-hole courses and more than 100 hotel rooms.
Strait is an avid golfer. He says he has played the resort's courses and always believed it "could be a real jewel."
texas, golf, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos