Country star Strait buys Texas golf resort stake
BOERNE, Texas (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Country superstar George Strait is taking a swing at another of his passions: golf.
Strait says he and his business partner, Tom Cucisk, have purchased the Tapatio Springs Golf Resort and Conference Center in Boerne, about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio.
Strait says they bought the resort from Textron Financial Corp. and that the deal was closed April 1. He does not provide terms of the deal in his Friday news release.
Textron bought the resort in a foreclosure auction last June for $4.5 million.
The resort, founded in 1981, has three nine-hole courses and more than 100 hotel rooms.
Strait is an avid golfer. He says he has played the resort's courses and always believed it "could be a real jewel."
texas, golf, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- American U: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 24 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 50 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 57 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 59 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
59 min ago