Country star Strait buys Texas golf resort stake
BOERNE, Texas (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Country superstar George Strait is taking a swing at another of his passions: golf.
Strait says he and his business partner, Tom Cucisk, have purchased the Tapatio Springs Golf Resort and Conference Center in Boerne, about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio.
Strait says they bought the resort from Textron Financial Corp. and that the deal was closed April 1. He does not provide terms of the deal in his Friday news release.
Textron bought the resort in a foreclosure auction last June for $4.5 million.
The resort, founded in 1981, has three nine-hole courses and more than 100 hotel rooms.
Strait is an avid golfer. He says he has played the resort's courses and always believed it "could be a real jewel."
texas, golf, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 40 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 23 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
23 min ago