Donald Trump buys Va. winery
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Donald Trump has bought a Virginia vineyard at a foreclosure auction and wants to produce wines.
Media outlets report that representatives for Trump bought the winery Thursday and Trump is in talks with former owners William Moses and Patricia Kluge about running the operation.
Kluge Estate Winery and Vineyards in Charlottesville was put up for sale by a creditor bank.
Preliminary estimates indicate the property sold for less than $7.5 million before any fees. It was estimated to be worth more than $70 million before the recession.
Trump also successfully bid on the trademarks and labels for the winery.
Trump representative Jason Greenblatt told The Daily Progress the billionaire plans on running it as a winery. He said the "Trump brand" signifies luxury and quality.
donald trump, virginia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr