Donald Trump buys Va. winery
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Donald Trump has bought a Virginia vineyard at a foreclosure auction and wants to produce wines.
Media outlets report that representatives for Trump bought the winery Thursday and Trump is in talks with former owners William Moses and Patricia Kluge about running the operation.
Kluge Estate Winery and Vineyards in Charlottesville was put up for sale by a creditor bank.
Preliminary estimates indicate the property sold for less than $7.5 million before any fees. It was estimated to be worth more than $70 million before the recession.
Trump also successfully bid on the trademarks and labels for the winery.
Trump representative Jason Greenblatt told The Daily Progress the billionaire plans on running it as a winery. He said the "Trump brand" signifies luxury and quality.
donald trump, virginia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 10 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in