NJ lawmaker: Why should students pay for Snooki?
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- One New Jersey lawmaker doesn't think reality TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is worth the $32,000 she was paid to dish her GTL - gym, tanning, laundry - lifestyle at Rutgers University.
State Sen. Joe Kyrillos says students attending public colleges shouldn't be required to fund entertainment they find objectionable through mandatory activity fees.
Snooki last week was paid $2,000 more than the $30,000 the university is paying Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison to deliver the commencement address.
The Republican plans to sponsor legislation allowing students to opt in to campus activities and events requiring a fee.
The lawmaker, who does not represent "Jersey Shore" locale Seaside Heights, says he's certain there were a great deal of Rutgers students who were uninterested or "flat out outraged" by Snooki's appearance.
snooki, new jersey, college, rutgers university, jersey shore, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 18 min ago
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington 3 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished