Eliminated `Idol' singer got medic, judge aid
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pia Toscano says she expected to land in the bottom three on "American Idol" but felt overwhelmed when she was eliminated that she needed a little medical assistance.
The 22-year-old singer from New York City said Friday that she had a medic walk her offstage at the end of Thursday's show in Los Angeles. She says she needed help because she had a "little bit of a moment."
Toscano didn't offer details, but says she's fine after receiving aid - and the support of the show's judges.
Judges Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez expressed shock on the air that the audience vote failed to keep Toscano in the competition.
The songbird says the "American Idol" panel offered her love and support later.
los angeles, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 14 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
14 min ago