Eliminated `Idol' singer got medic, judge aid
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pia Toscano says she expected to land in the bottom three on "American Idol" but felt overwhelmed when she was eliminated that she needed a little medical assistance.
The 22-year-old singer from New York City said Friday that she had a medic walk her offstage at the end of Thursday's show in Los Angeles. She says she needed help because she had a "little bit of a moment."
Toscano didn't offer details, but says she's fine after receiving aid - and the support of the show's judges.
Judges Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez expressed shock on the air that the audience vote failed to keep Toscano in the competition.
The songbird says the "American Idol" panel offered her love and support later.
los angeles, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash