`Glee,' `Modern Family' among GLAAD award winners
LOS ANGELES - April 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- "Glee," "Modern Family" and "Project Runway" are winners of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's 22nd annual Media Awards.
Prizes for outstanding comedy series and reality program were among those presented at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles Sunday. Actor Sean Hayes presented entertainer Kristin Chenoweth with the Vanguard Award. Dolly Parton presented NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
"Fort Worth Speech" on "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" was recognized as the year's outstanding TV journalism segment and "I Love You Phillip Morris" was honored as an outstanding film in limited release.
The GLAAD Media Awards honor media for accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities and the issues affecting their lives.
modern family, homosexuality, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 33 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 13 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar