`Glee,' `Modern Family' among GLAAD award winners
LOS ANGELES - April 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- "Glee," "Modern Family" and "Project Runway" are winners of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's 22nd annual Media Awards.
Prizes for outstanding comedy series and reality program were among those presented at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles Sunday. Actor Sean Hayes presented entertainer Kristin Chenoweth with the Vanguard Award. Dolly Parton presented NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
"Fort Worth Speech" on "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" was recognized as the year's outstanding TV journalism segment and "I Love You Phillip Morris" was honored as an outstanding film in limited release.
The GLAAD Media Awards honor media for accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities and the issues affecting their lives.
modern family, homosexuality, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids