Rutgers students seek Springsteen in Snooki aftermath
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Some students at New Jersey's largest university believe Bruce Springsteen is their salvation.
They have started a Facebook campaign called "Let's Bring the Boss to Rutgers!" to counteract fallout from a recent appearance by Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.
The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the "Jersey Shore" reality TV star $32,000 to answer questions. That's $2,000 more than Rutgers will pay Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison to deliver the commencement address.
Freshman Daniel Oliveto and junior Paul Tranquilli are spearheading the effort. Oliveto tells the Asbury Park Press Polizzi's message to "study hard, but party harder," was offensive.
The students hope Springsteen would either perform or have a question-and-answer session similar to the sit-down Snooki gave last month.
Springsteen's publicist has not replied to a request for a response.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
snooki, new jersey, college, rutgers university, jersey shore, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos