Rutgers students seek Springsteen in Snooki aftermath
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Some students at New Jersey's largest university believe Bruce Springsteen is their salvation.
They have started a Facebook campaign called "Let's Bring the Boss to Rutgers!" to counteract fallout from a recent appearance by Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.
The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the "Jersey Shore" reality TV star $32,000 to answer questions. That's $2,000 more than Rutgers will pay Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison to deliver the commencement address.
Freshman Daniel Oliveto and junior Paul Tranquilli are spearheading the effort. Oliveto tells the Asbury Park Press Polizzi's message to "study hard, but party harder," was offensive.
The students hope Springsteen would either perform or have a question-and-answer session similar to the sit-down Snooki gave last month.
Springsteen's publicist has not replied to a request for a response.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
snooki, new jersey, college, rutgers university, jersey shore, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail 19 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 38 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Tonight at 11: Are undercover stings...
31 min ago