U2 break Rolling Stones' tour record.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - April 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- U2 have not only broken the Rolling Stones' record for the biggest tour ever, but they're on their way to shattering it.
The Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour grossed $554 million dollars.
U2 passed that with their show in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday -- and there are 26 shows left in their "360 Degrees" tour.
Promoter Live Nation estimates U2 will gross an estimated $700 million by the time it wraps up July 30 in Canada.
More than seven million people on five continents will have seen the tour by its end.
U2 tour promoter Arthur Fogel says the theater-in-the-round configuration means each stop was able to have several thousand low-priced tickets.
U2, music, rolling stones, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 40 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
40 min ago