U2 break Rolling Stones' tour record.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - April 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- U2 have not only broken the Rolling Stones' record for the biggest tour ever, but they're on their way to shattering it.
The Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour grossed $554 million dollars.
U2 passed that with their show in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday -- and there are 26 shows left in their "360 Degrees" tour.
Promoter Live Nation estimates U2 will gross an estimated $700 million by the time it wraps up July 30 in Canada.
More than seven million people on five continents will have seen the tour by its end.
U2 tour promoter Arthur Fogel says the theater-in-the-round configuration means each stop was able to have several thousand low-priced tickets.
U2, music, rolling stones, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 32 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 57 min ago
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 21 min ago
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 53 min ago
- Down At The Shore 12 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
21 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
57 min ago