Queen Elizabeth II's husband to mark 90th birthday
LONDON (AP) - April 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Add another celebration to the British royal family's packed calendar: the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II's husband.
/*Buckingham Palace*/ said on Tuesday the family will mark /*Prince Philip's*/ milestone with a service at Windsor Castle's chapel and reception on June 12, two days after his actual birthday.
The occasion comes at a busy time for the 84-year-old queen. In the coming months, she will celebrate the April 29 wedding of grandson /*Prince William* and the July wedding of granddaughter /*Zara Phillips.*/
The palace said it had created a dedicated website, where well-wishers can peruse photos and leave Prince Philip a birthday message.
On his actual birthday on June 10, Prince Philip will perform official duties at Buckingham Palace.
queen elizabeth, london, prince charles, prince harry, prince william, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools relocating students, staff Friday 14 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers 36 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
54 min ago