Thurman stalker due in court in new NYC case
NEW YORK (AP) - April 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Uma Thurman's convicted stalker is due in a New York City court after being charged with trying to contact her again.
Jack Jordan has a court date Wednesday. His lawyer and prosecutors said in February that they were discussing the potential for a plea deal but hadn't reached any agreement.
Jordan has pleaded not guilty to contempt, stalking and other charges.
He was convicted in 2008 of stalking and harassing Thurman. Jurors were told he'd showed up at the actress' Manhattan home, called her family and sent weird letters. He was sentenced to three years' probation and told not to try to contact her for five years.
But prosecutors say he called some of her phone lines twice in October.
Thurman's spokesman has said she won't comment on the case.
new york city, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 19 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 13 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 51 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years