Thurman stalker due in court in new NYC case
NEW YORK (AP) - April 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Uma Thurman's convicted stalker is due in a New York City court after being charged with trying to contact her again.
Jack Jordan has a court date Wednesday. His lawyer and prosecutors said in February that they were discussing the potential for a plea deal but hadn't reached any agreement.
Jordan has pleaded not guilty to contempt, stalking and other charges.
He was convicted in 2008 of stalking and harassing Thurman. Jurors were told he'd showed up at the actress' Manhattan home, called her family and sent weird letters. He was sentenced to three years' probation and told not to try to contact her for five years.
But prosecutors say he called some of her phone lines twice in October.
Thurman's spokesman has said she won't comment on the case.
new york city, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 56 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 43 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos