Trump stalls TV contract while mulling campaign
PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - April 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Donald Trump says he has put off agreeing to an extension of his "Celebrity Apprentice" reality show while he weighs a presidential bid.
The real estate mogul and potential Republican contender says he told NBC on Friday he could not commit to a three-year contract extension for the series until he decides whether he's running.
Trump spoke at an event at his Mar-a-Lago estate on Palm Beach. He offered familiar messages questioning President Barack Obama's birthplace.
He also said the U.S. should be entitled to Iraqi oil and praised the tea party.
Trump says he's encouraged by polls showing him with a strong following and says he'll make an announcement on his campaign plans before June.
donald trump, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 42 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 24 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball