William Shatner's "singing" again
(AP) - April 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- William Shatner has announced the song list for his new album of 70s and 80s cover tunes, "Searching for Major Tom."
Most have a space theme, of course.
They include David Bowie's "Space Oddity," Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky," Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," "Mr. Spaceman" by the Byrds and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody."
Shatner will be backed by some pretty big deal musicians, including Zakk Wylde, Peter Frampton, Brad Paisley, and Tangerine Dream's Edgar Froese.
The record is due out later this year.
william shatner, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 22 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?