Author James Frey to make appearance on 'Oprah'
CHICAGO (AP) -April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- James Frey will appear again on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," more than five years after the talk show queen accused him on live television of lying in one of his books.
Harpo Productions confirmed Tuesday the author would appear on an episode to air in May. Frey's latest book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," will be released this month.
Winfrey chose James Frey's substance abuse story "A Million Little Pieces," for her book club in September 2005, making it a million seller.
But Frey acknowledged on Winfrey's show in January 2006 that he had lied in the book. A sometimes angry and tearful Winfrey told him she felt duped and that he had betrayed millions of readers.
Winfrey is ending her talk show this May after 25 years.
oprah winfrey, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 2 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied 44 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished