Author James Frey to make appearance on 'Oprah'
CHICAGO (AP) -April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- James Frey will appear again on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," more than five years after the talk show queen accused him on live television of lying in one of his books.
Harpo Productions confirmed Tuesday the author would appear on an episode to air in May. Frey's latest book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," will be released this month.
Winfrey chose James Frey's substance abuse story "A Million Little Pieces," for her book club in September 2005, making it a million seller.
But Frey acknowledged on Winfrey's show in January 2006 that he had lied in the book. A sometimes angry and tearful Winfrey told him she felt duped and that he had betrayed millions of readers.
Winfrey is ending her talk show this May after 25 years.
oprah winfrey, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 36 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
35 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
36 min ago