Charlies Sheen's DC police escort under investigation
WASHINGTON (AP) - April 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- D.C. police are investigating why actor Charlie Sheen received a police escort from an area airport to his show in downtown Washington this week.
Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said late Thursday that the police department's internal affairs unit is investigating the incident.
On Tuesday, D.C. police used lights and sirens as they escorted the former "Two and a Half Men" star from Dulles International Airport to his stage show, "Violent Torpedo of Truth: Defeat Is Not an Option." At the time, Charlie Sheen was running nearly an hour late for the show.
Sheen tweeted about the ride and included a picture of a speedometer reaching about 80 mph.
Councilman Phil Mendleson says he met with D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier on Thursday. He says Lanier did not authorize the escort.
charlie sheen, washington, d.c., cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos