Lady Gaga OKs Weird Al Yankovic parody
(AP) - April 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Weird Al Yankovic says he will be able to sell his Lady Gaga parody because Lady Gaga herself never knew it existed.
Yankovic said Wednesday he had to jump through hoops to get Lady Gaga to approve his parody of "Born This Way," and then she rejected it.
Now he says Lady Gaga's manager admits he never forwarded Yankovic's parody to her and the manager made the decision. The manager apologized, and Lady Gaga loves the song, called "Perform This Way."
Yankovic will release it as the first single off his upcoming album, and he'll make a video for it.
He plans to donate the proceeds to the Human Rights Campaign.
lady gaga, mtv, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ