Lady Gaga OKs Weird Al Yankovic parody
(AP) - April 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Weird Al Yankovic says he will be able to sell his Lady Gaga parody because Lady Gaga herself never knew it existed.
Yankovic said Wednesday he had to jump through hoops to get Lady Gaga to approve his parody of "Born This Way," and then she rejected it.
Now he says Lady Gaga's manager admits he never forwarded Yankovic's parody to her and the manager made the decision. The manager apologized, and Lady Gaga loves the song, called "Perform This Way."
Yankovic will release it as the first single off his upcoming album, and he'll make a video for it.
He plans to donate the proceeds to the Human Rights Campaign.
lady gaga, mtv, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)