Sony investigating PlayStation Network outage
LOS ANGELES (AP) -April 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sony Corp. is investigating the outage of its PlayStation Network, a system that links gamers in live play worldwide.
The company first blogged about the outage Wednesday, and on Thursday said it could take a "full day or two" to get the service back up and running. It did not indicate what it believed to be the cause of the outage.
Posts on a PlayStation message board on Friday afternoon indicated the system was still down.
Sony representatives did not return messages left seeking comment.
The outage comes just after Tuesday's release of the game "Mortal Kombat," which is available on the PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360. It also comes as Amazon.com tries to restore computers used by other major websites as an outage stretched beyond 24 hours.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 1 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 14 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 56 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases