Sony investigating PlayStation Network outage
LOS ANGELES (AP) -April 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sony Corp. is investigating the outage of its PlayStation Network, a system that links gamers in live play worldwide.
The company first blogged about the outage Wednesday, and on Thursday said it could take a "full day or two" to get the service back up and running. It did not indicate what it believed to be the cause of the outage.
Posts on a PlayStation message board on Friday afternoon indicated the system was still down.
Sony representatives did not return messages left seeking comment.
The outage comes just after Tuesday's release of the game "Mortal Kombat," which is available on the PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360. It also comes as Amazon.com tries to restore computers used by other major websites as an outage stretched beyond 24 hours.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 57 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 55 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier