Source: Gibson's ex drops violence claims in court
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A source says Mel Gibson's former girlfriend has told a judge hearing the couple's child custody dispute that she is dropping allegations that the Oscar-winner struck her during a fight last year.
The source who is familiar with the case says Oksana Grigorieva (gree-GOR'-yeh-vuh) told a family law judge Wednesday that she was withdrawing all domestic violence allegations against Gibson from the case. Most of the case is sealed and the source spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the dispute.
The move doesn't affect a misdemeanor battery case in which the actor-director pleaded no contest in March. His plea didn't include an admission of guilt and cannot be used against him in a civil lawsuit. He remains on probation and is undergoing domestic violence counseling.
Gibson's attorney, Stephen Kolodny, declined comment.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 16 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 6 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 21 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 1 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
16 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
21 min ago