Source: Gibson's ex drops violence claims in court
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A source says Mel Gibson's former girlfriend has told a judge hearing the couple's child custody dispute that she is dropping allegations that the Oscar-winner struck her during a fight last year.
The source who is familiar with the case says Oksana Grigorieva (gree-GOR'-yeh-vuh) told a family law judge Wednesday that she was withdrawing all domestic violence allegations against Gibson from the case. Most of the case is sealed and the source spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the dispute.
The move doesn't affect a misdemeanor battery case in which the actor-director pleaded no contest in March. His plea didn't include an admission of guilt and cannot be used against him in a civil lawsuit. He remains on probation and is undergoing domestic violence counseling.
Gibson's attorney, Stephen Kolodny, declined comment.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 44 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 11 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom