Couric confirms she's leaving 'CBS Evening News'
NEW YORK (AP) -April 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric has confirmed that she's leaving her anchor job at the "CBS Evening News."
Couric also told People magazine in a story published Tuesday on its website that she hasn't decided what she's doing next. But she says she is "looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling."
The Associated Press reported three weeks ago that Couric's tenure as CBS anchor would end just short of five years in the job. Her contract expires June 4.
CBS has not set an exit date but is expected to appoint Scott Pelley of "60 Minutes" as her successor as early as next week.
Couric was unable to move the "CBS Evening News" out of third place in the ratings.
katie couric, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- Record Warmth! 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 13 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 23 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 23 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 10 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
2 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
53 min ago