Couric confirms she's leaving 'CBS Evening News'
NEW YORK (AP) -April 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric has confirmed that she's leaving her anchor job at the "CBS Evening News."
Couric also told People magazine in a story published Tuesday on its website that she hasn't decided what she's doing next. But she says she is "looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling."
The Associated Press reported three weeks ago that Couric's tenure as CBS anchor would end just short of five years in the job. Her contract expires June 4.
CBS has not set an exit date but is expected to appoint Scott Pelley of "60 Minutes" as her successor as early as next week.
Couric was unable to move the "CBS Evening News" out of third place in the ratings.
katie couric, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 30 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 2 injured in crash on I-95 near Cottman in Tacony 26 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
30 min ago