Steven Tyler says he did drugs with Perry in 2008
NEW YORK (AP) -April 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steven Tyler says he wasn't the only Aerosmith member who was abusing drugs in recent years.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Tyler says he and Joe Perry did drugs together in 2008 after years of sobriety. Aerosmith had been working on a new album, which never developed.
Tyler says Perry was so impaired by snorting prescription pills, he couldn't even play his instrument. Tyler says he was no better - he couldn't sing.
Perry declined to comment to Rolling Stone and didn't return a request for comment from The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Tyler is now a judge on "American Idol." He's releasing an autobiography, "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" next month.
The 63-year-old rocker says he's sober now.
steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 40 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 27 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
32 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
27 min ago