Steven Tyler says he did drugs with Perry in 2008
NEW YORK (AP) -April 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steven Tyler says he wasn't the only Aerosmith member who was abusing drugs in recent years.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Tyler says he and Joe Perry did drugs together in 2008 after years of sobriety. Aerosmith had been working on a new album, which never developed.
Tyler says Perry was so impaired by snorting prescription pills, he couldn't even play his instrument. Tyler says he was no better - he couldn't sing.
Perry declined to comment to Rolling Stone and didn't return a request for comment from The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Tyler is now a judge on "American Idol." He's releasing an autobiography, "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" next month.
The 63-year-old rocker says he's sober now.
steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student 59 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 48 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 49 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
38 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
48 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
31 min ago