Steven Tyler says he did drugs with Perry in 2008
NEW YORK (AP) -April 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steven Tyler says he wasn't the only Aerosmith member who was abusing drugs in recent years.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Tyler says he and Joe Perry did drugs together in 2008 after years of sobriety. Aerosmith had been working on a new album, which never developed.
Tyler says Perry was so impaired by snorting prescription pills, he couldn't even play his instrument. Tyler says he was no better - he couldn't sing.
Perry declined to comment to Rolling Stone and didn't return a request for comment from The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Tyler is now a judge on "American Idol." He's releasing an autobiography, "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" next month.
The 63-year-old rocker says he's sober now.
steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!