Star-studded 'Oprah' taping planned in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) - April 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Tens of thousands of Oprah Winfrey fans will descend on Chicago in May for what Harpo Productions is calling "Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular."
Harpo announced Thursday that the star-studded show would tape May 17 at the United Center, just blocks away from Winfrey's studios. The tapings will air on May 23 and 24, before Winfrey's final episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on May 25.
Winfrey announced in November 2009 that she would end her popular talk show after 25 years. Her producers said the guest lineup would be a secret, but they promise "the biggest names in movies, music and television."
Tickets to the event are free. Fans must request tickets on Winfrey's website, Oprah.com, starting at 10 a.m. CT on Friday. Ticket recipients will be randomly selected.
oprah winfrey, chicago, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 8 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 47 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 48 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
8 min ago