Sheen to make donation for Giants fan beaten in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) -April 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen's tour is taking a softer approach when it arrives in San Francisco later this week, with a donation planned for a Giants fan severely beaten during the Los Angeles Dodgers' home opener.
Sheen's publicist announced Thursday that the actor will donate the profits made from merchandise sold at Saturday's show to benefit the fan, Bryan Stow.
Stow is a paramedic who had to be placed into a medically induced coma after being beaten on March 31 outside Dodgers Stadium.
The "Major League" star is an avid baseball fan, and has drawn cheers for sporting the hometown ball club's jersey in cities on his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour.
Sheen is selling T-shirts and other merchandise emblazoned with some of his new catchphrases, including "Duh, Winning."
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 35 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 43 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
35 min ago