Sheen to make donation for Giants fan beaten in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) -April 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen's tour is taking a softer approach when it arrives in San Francisco later this week, with a donation planned for a Giants fan severely beaten during the Los Angeles Dodgers' home opener.
Sheen's publicist announced Thursday that the actor will donate the profits made from merchandise sold at Saturday's show to benefit the fan, Bryan Stow.
Stow is a paramedic who had to be placed into a medically induced coma after being beaten on March 31 outside Dodgers Stadium.
The "Major League" star is an avid baseball fan, and has drawn cheers for sporting the hometown ball club's jersey in cities on his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour.
Sheen is selling T-shirts and other merchandise emblazoned with some of his new catchphrases, including "Duh, Winning."
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos