'Potter' star Watson denies Brown bullying claims
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - April 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is denying media reports that she was bullied out of Brown University.
In a statement posted on her website Friday, Watson says taking a semester off from the Rhode Island university this spring had "nothing to do with bullying." She says she was never bullied at Brown or anywhere else.
Emma Watson plays Hermione Granger in the "Harry Potter" series. She says she's not sure what her plans are for the fall semester, her third year. She says that, like many of her fellow Brown students, she is considering studying abroad.
A Watson spokeswoman said last week it's "possible and likely" she'll spend her senior year at Brown.
Media reports this month cited an anonymous Brown "insider" that Watson was "bullied out" of the school.
college, harry potter, rhode island, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 17 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
2 min ago