Man convicted of trying to burglarize Hilton home
LOS ANGELES (AP) -April 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- A jury has convicted a man of trying to burglarize Paris Hilton's home last year.
District Attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison says jurors deliberated for less than an hour Friday before convicting Nathan Parada of first-degree residential burglary for trying to break into the hotel heiress' home last August.
Hilton testified this week about she and her boyfriend being awoken after Parada banged on one of the house's windows with the butt of a knife.
A defense attorney told jurors that Parada had left a halfway house days earlier and had not taken his antidepressant medication for several days.
Parada faces up to three years in prison when sentenced.
paris hilton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 12 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 9 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 29 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 30 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
12 min ago