Whoopi visits Austria
VIENNA (AP) - May 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Whoopi Goldberg is in Austra to promote "Sister Act," with her trademark slapstick humor.
She slipped off her high-heeled sandals at Vienna's Ronacher Theater on Friday when she realized she would have to stand during a media preview of the musical, which opens there in September.
"I thought I was going to look good coming in and sitting down," Goldberg told a laughing audience.
She stood in her white socks until Vienna's cultural affairs official, Andreas Mailath-Pokorny, came on to give her a gift. "Hold on, hold on. I'm going to put them back on 'cause you're too tall for me," Goldberg said.
"They look great ... just like you," Mailath-Pokorny quipped.
Goldberg starred in the 1992 movie version of "Sister Act."
whoopi goldberg, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 59 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 52 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos