Whoopi visits Austria
VIENNA (AP) - May 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Whoopi Goldberg is in Austra to promote "Sister Act," with her trademark slapstick humor.
She slipped off her high-heeled sandals at Vienna's Ronacher Theater on Friday when she realized she would have to stand during a media preview of the musical, which opens there in September.
"I thought I was going to look good coming in and sitting down," Goldberg told a laughing audience.
She stood in her white socks until Vienna's cultural affairs official, Andreas Mailath-Pokorny, came on to give her a gift. "Hold on, hold on. I'm going to put them back on 'cause you're too tall for me," Goldberg said.
"They look great ... just like you," Mailath-Pokorny quipped.
Goldberg starred in the 1992 movie version of "Sister Act."
whoopi goldberg, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 20 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 44 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 28 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 19 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 16 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 9 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 45 min ago
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
20 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
19 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
16 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
9 min ago