Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon welcome twins
NEW YORK (AP) - April 30, 2011 -- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their third anniversary with another milestone - becoming parents to a baby girl and boy.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press. The singing superstar gave birth Saturday morning at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Berger says the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.
Berger says the couple has not named the children yet. Cannon drove Carey to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom. Berger says while Carey was calm, Cannon was so nervous he went the wrong department at the hospital.
The couple are expected to renew their wedding vows on Sunday. Berger says they were listening to Carey's "We Belong Together" after the children were born.
mariah carey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 35 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia