Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon welcome twins
NEW YORK (AP) - April 30, 2011 -- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their third anniversary with another milestone - becoming parents to a baby girl and boy.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press. The singing superstar gave birth Saturday morning at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Berger says the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.
Berger says the couple has not named the children yet. Cannon drove Carey to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom. Berger says while Carey was calm, Cannon was so nervous he went the wrong department at the hospital.
The couple are expected to renew their wedding vows on Sunday. Berger says they were listening to Carey's "We Belong Together" after the children were born.
mariah carey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos