Sheen to donate $20,000 to Giants fan beaten in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen says he will donate $20,000 in profits and donations from a San Francisco show to the Giants fan who was severely beaten outside Dodgers Stadium.
Sheen's publicist Barry Klarberg says Monday the donation to Bryan Stow consists of $9,000 in merchandise profits from Saturday night's show and $4,000 in audience donations. Sheen matched the audience donations and added $3,000 more for the sum.
Klarberg says Sheen was saddened by the attack on Stow on March 31. The paramedic and Giants fan was placed into a medically induced coma after the beating.
Sheen is an avid baseball fan and has drawn cheers for sporting the hometown ball club's jersey in cities on his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 56 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar