Sheen to donate $20,000 to Giants fan beaten in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen says he will donate $20,000 in profits and donations from a San Francisco show to the Giants fan who was severely beaten outside Dodgers Stadium.
Sheen's publicist Barry Klarberg says Monday the donation to Bryan Stow consists of $9,000 in merchandise profits from Saturday night's show and $4,000 in audience donations. Sheen matched the audience donations and added $3,000 more for the sum.
Klarberg says Sheen was saddened by the attack on Stow on March 31. The paramedic and Giants fan was placed into a medically induced coma after the beating.
Sheen is an avid baseball fan and has drawn cheers for sporting the hometown ball club's jersey in cities on his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 22 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies