Scott Pelley taking over for Couric as CBS anchor
NEW YORK (AP) -May 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- CBS says Scott Pelley will take over as its evening news anchor, starting on June 6.
The network on Tuesday announced the expected selection of Pelley, the veteran "60 Minutes" reporter, to replace Katie Couric on the "CBS Evening News." Couric is pursuing a syndicated talk show, but hasn't said where she will be working next. The date for her final CBS broadcast has not been set.
Pelley is a Texas native who has worked at CBS for two decades. He will inherit a broadcast that is in last place in the ratings behind NBC and ABC, and has been for some time.
CBS said Pelley will continue to do stories for "60 Minutes."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 8 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 54 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
8 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
7 min ago