NYC school gets surprise visit from Beyonce
NEW YORK (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Students at a New York City public school working out to a Beyonce song got a big surprise when the superstar walked in and joined them.
About 85 students at P.S. 161 in Harlem were in the middle of a choreographed routine Tuesday to a song adapted from Beyonce's hit "Get Me Bodied" when the singer arrived.
The children were participating in a national simulcast of "Let's Move Flash Workout." It's part of first lady Michelle Obama's fitness campaign.
The singer joined in wearing stiletto heels and a T-shirt emblazoned with "Let's Move."
Thirteen-year-old Aisha Collier gushed "she's so beautiful." She told the New York Post she messed up a little when Beyonce first arrived but then got back into it and continued to dance and have fun.
beyonce, school, new york city, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
57 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
50 min ago