NYC school gets surprise visit from Beyonce
NEW YORK (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Students at a New York City public school working out to a Beyonce song got a big surprise when the superstar walked in and joined them.
About 85 students at P.S. 161 in Harlem were in the middle of a choreographed routine Tuesday to a song adapted from Beyonce's hit "Get Me Bodied" when the singer arrived.
The children were participating in a national simulcast of "Let's Move Flash Workout." It's part of first lady Michelle Obama's fitness campaign.
The singer joined in wearing stiletto heels and a T-shirt emblazoned with "Let's Move."
Thirteen-year-old Aisha Collier gushed "she's so beautiful." She told the New York Post she messed up a little when Beyonce first arrived but then got back into it and continued to dance and have fun.
beyonce, school, new york city, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 39 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos