Charlie Sheen starts Ala. donations website
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two days after he walked through tornado rubble in Alabama, actor Charlie Sheen has begun an online campaign to raise money for storm victims.
The website named "Torpedos against Tornadoes" says that donations will be tax-deductible and will go to Alabama victims of the April 27 twisters that ripped through the South.
The name of the relief campaign is derived from Sheen's touring stage show "My Violent Torpedo of Truth."
Sheen visited tornado-damaged Tuscaloosa this week and pledged to organize a benefit event.(
charlie sheen, tornado, alabama, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case 6 min ago
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 11 min ago
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 40 min ago
- Wilmington boy reported missing found safe
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 14 min ago
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Public hearing underway on city demo procedures 18 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 1 min ago
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 50 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
14 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
15 min ago