Charlie Sheen starts Ala. donations website
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two days after he walked through tornado rubble in Alabama, actor Charlie Sheen has begun an online campaign to raise money for storm victims.
The website named "Torpedos against Tornadoes" says that donations will be tax-deductible and will go to Alabama victims of the April 27 twisters that ripped through the South.
The name of the relief campaign is derived from Sheen's touring stage show "My Violent Torpedo of Truth."
Sheen visited tornado-damaged Tuscaloosa this week and pledged to organize a benefit event.(
charlie sheen, tornado, alabama, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 16 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 34 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed