Charlie Sheen starts Ala. donations website
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two days after he walked through tornado rubble in Alabama, actor Charlie Sheen has begun an online campaign to raise money for storm victims.
The website named "Torpedos against Tornadoes" says that donations will be tax-deductible and will go to Alabama victims of the April 27 twisters that ripped through the South.
The name of the relief campaign is derived from Sheen's touring stage show "My Violent Torpedo of Truth."
Sheen visited tornado-damaged Tuscaloosa this week and pledged to organize a benefit event.(
charlie sheen, tornado, alabama, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies