Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon reveal baby names
NEW YORK (AP) -May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have revealed the names they've picked out for their newborn boy and girl: Moroccan and Monroe.
The couple chose to name their son Moroccan Scott Cannon after the Moroccan-inspired decor of the top tier of Carey's New York City apartment.
The so-called Moroccan Room is also where Cannon proposed. They picked the middle name Scott since it's both Cannon's middle name as well as his grandmother's maiden name.
The couple named their daughter Monroe Cannon after Marilyn Monroe, who has inspired Carey. Unlike her brother, Monroe doesn't have a middle name because Carey doesn't have one either.
Carey and Cannon's twins were delivered Saturday in Los Angeles. The pair got married in 2007 after a whirlwind romance.
mariah carey, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 8 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 14 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 12 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos