'Boston' Rob Mariano seeks 'Survivor' redemption
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Can "Boston" Rob Mariano finally win "Survivor"?
The 35-year-old trash-talking "Survivor" veteran is among eight remaining castaways vying for the $1 million grand prize on Sunday's finale of "Survivor: Redemption Island."
He previously competed on the "Marquesas," "All-Stars" and "Heroes vs. Villains" seasons.
Mariano's competition includes former federal agent Phillip Sheppard, beauty queen Ashley Underwood and dancer Natalie Tenerelli.
Four previously ousted players also will return to the game: former NFL player Grant Mattos, Iraq war veteran Mike Chiesl and college students Andrea Boehlke and Matt Elrod.
From what viewers have seen this season, the scheming Mariano calculated the demise of the opposing tribe, as well as that of his allies.
"Redemption Island" is the Nicaragua-set 22nd edition of the CBS outwit, outplay, outlast contest.
shakira, venezuela, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands