Watch out cyber bullies: Here comes Justin Bieber
GARDEN CITY, New York (AP) - May 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Often when a celebrity agrees to do a public service announcement, it's to get themselves out of some legal mess they have managed to get into.
But in this case, Justin Bieber is doing a PSA to fight cyberbullying in order to get his manager and an executive of his record label off the hook.
This is all as a result of a 2009 incident in Long Island, New York. Thousands of girls showed up at a clothing store to see Bieber sign autographs. Police weren't expecting such a turnout - and ordered the event canceled.
A Def Jam Records officials was arrested after police say he refused to help disperse the crowd. Authorities later pressed charges against Bieber's manager, even though he wasn't even at the mall.
But now that Bieber is doing the PSA, prosecutors say they are dropping the charges against both men.
new york city, cyber crime, bullying, justin bieber, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 28 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 4 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 16 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
8 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
28 min ago