Watch out cyber bullies: Here comes Justin Bieber
GARDEN CITY, New York (AP) - May 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Often when a celebrity agrees to do a public service announcement, it's to get themselves out of some legal mess they have managed to get into.
But in this case, Justin Bieber is doing a PSA to fight cyberbullying in order to get his manager and an executive of his record label off the hook.
This is all as a result of a 2009 incident in Long Island, New York. Thousands of girls showed up at a clothing store to see Bieber sign autographs. Police weren't expecting such a turnout - and ordered the event canceled.
A Def Jam Records officials was arrested after police say he refused to help disperse the crowd. Authorities later pressed charges against Bieber's manager, even though he wasn't even at the mall.
But now that Bieber is doing the PSA, prosecutors say they are dropping the charges against both men.
new york city, cyber crime, bullying, justin bieber, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 52 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
52 min ago