Hugh Grant weighed as Charlie Sheen replacement
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Hugh Grant has been weighing a big move: replacing the fired Charlie Sheen on CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
A person familiar with the situation said Wednesday the British film actor was in negotiations to join the sitcom as its new leading man. The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because producer Warner Bros. and CBS hadn't authorized public comment, said the talks had stalled without resolution.
But it was unclear whether Grant's hiring was a closed issue, the person said. Reports that Grant had been offered $1 million an episode were inaccurate, the person said, adding any Sheen replacement would be paid less than that.
Sheen was among TV's highest-paid actors at a reported $1.8 million an episode.
Grant's publicist did not immediately return a call for comment.
The Grant-"Two and a Half Men" negotiations were first reported by the Deadline Hollywood website.
hugh grant, charlie sheen, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 21 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
18 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
21 min ago