Heather Mills hospitalized in Austria
VIENNA (AP) - May 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Heather Mills, Paul McCartney's ex-wife, has left a hospital after receiving treatment for a shoulder injury she sustained during a skiing accident in Austria, an official said Thursday.
Mills crashed on the Moelltaler glacier Wednesday and was flown by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz where she was diagnosed with a fractured right shoulder blade, hospital spokesman Alfred Fast said.
She is expected to make a full recovery and was released midmorning Thursday, he added. It was not immediately clear if she would stay in the Alpine republic or return to Britain.
Mills, who uses a prosthetic leg, recently bought a house in southern Austria and is training there for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, local media reported.
Broadcaster ORF quoted Mills as saying that she crashed into a plastic pole that had turned as hard as steel due to the cold.
But she seemed to take it in stride.
"That's skiing, you know," ORF quoted her as saying.
Mills, a former model, married ex-Beatle McCartney in 2002. They divorced in 2008.
heather mills, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run