Cannes: Diana film slams UK royals as 'gangsters'
CANNES, France (AP) - May 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A provocative documentary screened in Cannes depicts Prince Philip as a psychopath and the British royal family as racist "gangsters in tiaras."
"Unlawful Killing" deals with claims that Princess Diana was murdered by the British establishment and the crime covered up.
An inquest held 10 years after Diana's 1997 death in a Paris car crash deflated claims of a conspiracy, blaming her driver and pursuing vehicles.
It has already been criticized in Britain for showing a picture of Diana after the crash. And its harsh criticisms of Britain's "feudal" monarchy are sure to cause further furor.
The film was screened Friday on the fringes of the film festival for buyers and journalists.
france, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 9 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
9 min ago