Cannes: Diana film slams UK royals as 'gangsters'
CANNES, France (AP) - May 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A provocative documentary screened in Cannes depicts Prince Philip as a psychopath and the British royal family as racist "gangsters in tiaras."
"Unlawful Killing" deals with claims that Princess Diana was murdered by the British establishment and the crime covered up.
An inquest held 10 years after Diana's 1997 death in a Paris car crash deflated claims of a conspiracy, blaming her driver and pursuing vehicles.
It has already been criticized in Britain for showing a picture of Diana after the crash. And its harsh criticisms of Britain's "feudal" monarchy are sure to cause further furor.
The film was screened Friday on the fringes of the film festival for buyers and journalists.
france, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 48 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 15 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 18 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball