Coroner says 1959 Playmate died from heart disease
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Los Angeles County coroner's office has identified a decomposed body found last month in a Benedict Canyon home as actress and 1959 Playboy Playmate Yvette Vickers.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said Friday authorities also determined the cause of death this week as heart disease.
Winter couldn't say how long the remains of the 82-year-old Vickers had been in her house, but he previously said the range could have been a few months to a year.
Vickers was found April 27 by a neighbor in the dilapidated house. Among her film credits were "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman," "Attack of the Giant Leeches" and "Sunset Boulevard."
Winter said Vickers has a brother who was notified about her death.
playboy, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 54 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 12 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 7 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 54 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
7 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos