Coroner says 1959 Playmate died from heart disease
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Los Angeles County coroner's office has identified a decomposed body found last month in a Benedict Canyon home as actress and 1959 Playboy Playmate Yvette Vickers.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said Friday authorities also determined the cause of death this week as heart disease.
Winter couldn't say how long the remains of the 82-year-old Vickers had been in her house, but he previously said the range could have been a few months to a year.
Vickers was found April 27 by a neighbor in the dilapidated house. Among her film credits were "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman," "Attack of the Giant Leeches" and "Sunset Boulevard."
Winter said Vickers has a brother who was notified about her death.
playboy, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 9 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
7 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
9 min ago