Couric to leave CBS newscast next week
NEW YORK (AP) -May 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric will make her exit from the "CBS Evening News" next Thursday.
The network on Friday announced her exit date. She'll be leaving short of five years as CBS' top anchor, and shy of the June 4 expiration date of her contract. Scott Pelley will take over as the new "CBS Evening News" anchor on June 6.
Couric hasn't announced her next move, but has been looking at a daytime talk show and discussing her future with ABC News.
Couric's executive producer at the evening news for the past four years, Rick Kaplan, this week took a new job overseeing political coverage at ABC News and producing Christiane Amanpour's Sunday morning political show.
katie couric, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 32 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 52 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom