Couric to leave CBS newscast next week
NEW YORK (AP) -May 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric will make her exit from the "CBS Evening News" next Thursday.
The network on Friday announced her exit date. She'll be leaving short of five years as CBS' top anchor, and shy of the June 4 expiration date of her contract. Scott Pelley will take over as the new "CBS Evening News" anchor on June 6.
Couric hasn't announced her next move, but has been looking at a daytime talk show and discussing her future with ABC News.
Couric's executive producer at the evening news for the past four years, Rick Kaplan, this week took a new job overseeing political coverage at ABC News and producing Christiane Amanpour's Sunday morning political show.
katie couric, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos