Couric to leave CBS newscast next week
NEW YORK (AP) -May 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric will make her exit from the "CBS Evening News" next Thursday.
The network on Friday announced her exit date. She'll be leaving short of five years as CBS' top anchor, and shy of the June 4 expiration date of her contract. Scott Pelley will take over as the new "CBS Evening News" anchor on June 6.
Couric hasn't announced her next move, but has been looking at a daytime talk show and discussing her future with ABC News.
Couric's executive producer at the evening news for the past four years, Rick Kaplan, this week took a new job overseeing political coverage at ABC News and producing Christiane Amanpour's Sunday morning political show.
katie couric, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 10 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ