Billy Graham leaves NC hospital, resting at home
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - May 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Rev. Billy Graham is back at his North Carolina home after being hospitalized for five days with pneumonia.
Merrell Gregory with Mission Hospital in Asheville said the 92-year-old evangelist was released Sunday morning and was at home.
Doctors say Graham's response to treatment for pneumonia has been excellent and he has regained strength. But they say his continued recovery will be gradual.
The hospital says Graham thanked the staff for their care and was grateful to have the hospital so close to his home. Graham spokesman A. Larry Ross says Graham was able to continue his routine while in the hospital, having his weekly Bible study and prayer with his pastor.
Graham went to the hospital Wednesday after sweating, coughing and breathing difficulty.
north carolina, billy graham, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 53 min ago
- Windy and cold today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 1 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 28 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 4 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 44 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
34 min ago