Billy Graham leaves NC hospital, resting at home
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - May 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Rev. Billy Graham is back at his North Carolina home after being hospitalized for five days with pneumonia.
Merrell Gregory with Mission Hospital in Asheville said the 92-year-old evangelist was released Sunday morning and was at home.
Doctors say Graham's response to treatment for pneumonia has been excellent and he has regained strength. But they say his continued recovery will be gradual.
The hospital says Graham thanked the staff for their care and was grateful to have the hospital so close to his home. Graham spokesman A. Larry Ross says Graham was able to continue his routine while in the hospital, having his weekly Bible study and prayer with his pastor.
Graham went to the hospital Wednesday after sweating, coughing and breathing difficulty.
north carolina, billy graham, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 22 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 10 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 56 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 23 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
28 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
37 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
55 min ago