'Wire' actress pleads not guilty in Md. drug case
BALTIMORE (AP) -May 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A woman who played a Baltimore drug gang assassin in HBO's "The Wire" has pleaded not guilty to conspiring to sell heroin.
Felicia "Snoop" Pearson entered the plea Tuesday morning during an arraignment in Baltimore Circuit Court. An Aug. 9 jury trial date was set.
Pearson is one of 64 people charged in March in "Operation Usual Suspects," a joint state-federal prosecution of an alleged east Baltimore drug gang. She is charged in an indictment with conspiring with two men to distribute heroin.
The 30-year-old Pearson was released weeks later on $50,000 bond with electronic monitoring that has allowed her to leave the state to pursue her acting career.
She declined to comment after the arraignment. Attorney Benjamin Sutley says it's too early to know if the three will be tried together.
drugs, baltimore, maryland, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos