'Wire' actress pleads not guilty in Md. drug case
BALTIMORE (AP) -May 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A woman who played a Baltimore drug gang assassin in HBO's "The Wire" has pleaded not guilty to conspiring to sell heroin.
Felicia "Snoop" Pearson entered the plea Tuesday morning during an arraignment in Baltimore Circuit Court. An Aug. 9 jury trial date was set.
Pearson is one of 64 people charged in March in "Operation Usual Suspects," a joint state-federal prosecution of an alleged east Baltimore drug gang. She is charged in an indictment with conspiring with two men to distribute heroin.
The 30-year-old Pearson was released weeks later on $50,000 bond with electronic monitoring that has allowed her to leave the state to pursue her acting career.
She declined to comment after the arraignment. Attorney Benjamin Sutley says it's too early to know if the three will be tried together.
drugs, baltimore, maryland, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 12 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 42 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 23 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish