Shakira: Chavez's guitar among 6 signed in Caracas
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) -May 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Colombian singer Shakira says she learned after the fact that one of six guitars she signed at a concert in Venezuela made its way to President Hugo Chavez.
But Shakira's press office says in a statement that during her March concert, the artist "signed 6 guitars at the request of the event's organizers." It added she learned Monday that "one of them was sent to the President's office."
Shakira's office says it hopes "acts like this contribute to continue uniting the citizens" of Colombia and Venezuela.
Information Minister Andres Izarra had said the guitar had been sent by "the people who organized her concert."
shakira, colombia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash