Lisa Edelstein says she won't be back in `House'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Lisa Edelstein is checking out of Fox TV's "House."
In a statement Tuesday, the actress said she is leaving the medical series after seven years as Dr. Lisa Cuddy.
The decision followed much consideration and brings mixed feelings, Edelstein said: She's disappointed at leaving a character she loved playing but is excited about the opportunities in acting and producing that are ahead.
Edelstein didn't offer details on her plans.
"House" stars Hugh Laurie in the title role of a cranky but brilliant doctor. He and Edelstein's Cuddy, a hospital administrator, had explored a relationship this season.
"House" will return this fall at 9 p.m. EDT Monday, Fox announced this week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish