Lisa Edelstein says she won't be back in `House'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Lisa Edelstein is checking out of Fox TV's "House."
In a statement Tuesday, the actress said she is leaving the medical series after seven years as Dr. Lisa Cuddy.
The decision followed much consideration and brings mixed feelings, Edelstein said: She's disappointed at leaving a character she loved playing but is excited about the opportunities in acting and producing that are ahead.
Edelstein didn't offer details on her plans.
"House" stars Hugh Laurie in the title role of a cranky but brilliant doctor. He and Edelstein's Cuddy, a hospital administrator, had explored a relationship this season.
"House" will return this fall at 9 p.m. EDT Monday, Fox announced this week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos