Cash-starved Philly Orchestra reveals funding plan
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- The financially troubled Philadelphia Orchestra is kicking off a new campaign to raise awareness and money.
Officials are announcing details of the "Listen with Your Heart" initiative at an event Wednesday afternoon.
The campaign is going to include a host of public events, fundraising and outreach through the city's downtown restaurants, hotels and shops.
The Philadelphia Orchestra last month became the first major U.S. orchestra to seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. It is struggling with dwindling attendance and donations, shrinking endowment income, pension costs and rent prices at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
philadelphia orchestra, philadelphia, pennsylvania, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 38 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 24 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 40 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos