Cash-starved Philly Orchestra reveals funding plan
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- The financially troubled Philadelphia Orchestra is kicking off a new campaign to raise awareness and money.
Officials are announcing details of the "Listen with Your Heart" initiative at an event Wednesday afternoon.
The campaign is going to include a host of public events, fundraising and outreach through the city's downtown restaurants, hotels and shops.
The Philadelphia Orchestra last month became the first major U.S. orchestra to seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. It is struggling with dwindling attendance and donations, shrinking endowment income, pension costs and rent prices at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
philadelphia orchestra, philadelphia, pennsylvania, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 52 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 54 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 53 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
52 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
54 min ago