Kate Gosselin ordered to pay Pa. counselor $10K
HAZLETON, Pa. - May 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A northeastern Pennsylvania judge says reality TV star Kate Gosselin must pay a local marriage therapist more than $10,000 in a dispute over counseling.
Sylvia Lafair contends she flew to Los Angeles at Gosselin's request to counsel her and then-husband Jon Gosselin in March 2009. The pair starred in "Jon and Kate Plus 8" before divorcing.
Lafair sued last year after Kate Gosselin didn't pay for the services or travel.
Gosselin testified last week that she never had a contract with Lafair, who heads Creative Energy Options in White Haven, Pa. Gosselin lives about 50 miles away in Sinking Spring.
Magisterial District Judge Gerald Feissner ruled May 13 that Gosselin must pay Lafair's company about $10,300.
Gosselin's attorney tells The Standard-Speaker of Hazleton that he appealed on Tuesday.
Information from: Standard-Speaker
pennsylvania, berks county, kate gosselin, jon gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 56 min ago