Kate Gosselin ordered to pay Pa. counselor $10K
HAZLETON, Pa. - May 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A northeastern Pennsylvania judge says reality TV star Kate Gosselin must pay a local marriage therapist more than $10,000 in a dispute over counseling.
Sylvia Lafair contends she flew to Los Angeles at Gosselin's request to counsel her and then-husband Jon Gosselin in March 2009. The pair starred in "Jon and Kate Plus 8" before divorcing.
Lafair sued last year after Kate Gosselin didn't pay for the services or travel.
Gosselin testified last week that she never had a contract with Lafair, who heads Creative Energy Options in White Haven, Pa. Gosselin lives about 50 miles away in Sinking Spring.
Magisterial District Judge Gerald Feissner ruled May 13 that Gosselin must pay Lafair's company about $10,300.
Gosselin's attorney tells The Standard-Speaker of Hazleton that he appealed on Tuesday.
Information from: Standard-Speaker
pennsylvania, berks county, kate gosselin, jon gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 14 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 39 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
5 min ago