Jude Law takes center stage in tabloid spying case
LONDON (AP) - May 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actor Jude Law is taking a lead role in a court battle over the wide-ranging spying campaign mounted by a British tabloid newspaper.
Law was one of many people allegedly targeted by the scandal-hungry News of The World, which listened in on voicemails to get its scoops.
Law was named Friday in one of four test cases to be considered by Justice Geoffrey Vos at Britain's High Court next year.
Vos says that the cases will help him set a range of damages to award people targeted by the News of The World - the biggest-selling Sunday tabloid newspaper - enabling other cases to be resolved without going to court.
The News of the World is currently facing about 20 lawsuits from alleged hacking victims, although more are expected.
london, spying, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 29 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 23 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 50 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
29 min ago