Jude Law takes center stage in tabloid spying case
LONDON (AP) - May 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actor Jude Law is taking a lead role in a court battle over the wide-ranging spying campaign mounted by a British tabloid newspaper.
Law was one of many people allegedly targeted by the scandal-hungry News of The World, which listened in on voicemails to get its scoops.
Law was named Friday in one of four test cases to be considered by Justice Geoffrey Vos at Britain's High Court next year.
Vos says that the cases will help him set a range of damages to award people targeted by the News of The World - the biggest-selling Sunday tabloid newspaper - enabling other cases to be resolved without going to court.
The News of the World is currently facing about 20 lawsuits from alleged hacking victims, although more are expected.
london, spying, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 17 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 16 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases