Janet Jackson in Austria for AIDS charity bash
VIENNA (AP) - May 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Janet Jackson says every little bit helps when it comes to fighting AIDS.
The singer says she's lost friends to the disease and that raising awareness about it is "close to my heart."
She spoke to reporters Saturday just hours before she joins former U.S. President Bill Clinton, actress Brooke Shields and other celebrities at Vienna's annual Life Ball, a huge party aimed at raising money for people with HIV and AIDS.
The event in and around city hall attracts crowds of revelers in risque attire that sometimes consists only of G-strings and glitter.
janet jackson, AIDS, austria, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 15 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 8 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 58 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
14 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
15 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
8 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
2 min ago