Schwarzenegger's `The Governator' on hold
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The animated series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a superhero is officially on hold.
The companies behind "The Governator" say they have stopped working on the budding franchise that Schwarzenegger helped announce to much fanfare in Cannes, France, last month.
A Squared Entertainment, POW, Stan Lee Comics and Archie Comics have not said when or if production on the planned TV series, comic book, movie and video game will resume.
Schwarzenegger said Thursday that he was postponing his movie projects. He acknowledged earlier this week that he fathered a child out of wedlock more than a decade ago and neglected to tell his wife until this year.
The former movie star and California governor was also set to star in the film "Cry Macho" and in talks for more "Terminator" sequels.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed