Schwarzenegger's `The Governator' on hold
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The animated series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a superhero is officially on hold.
The companies behind "The Governator" say they have stopped working on the budding franchise that Schwarzenegger helped announce to much fanfare in Cannes, France, last month.
A Squared Entertainment, POW, Stan Lee Comics and Archie Comics have not said when or if production on the planned TV series, comic book, movie and video game will resume.
Schwarzenegger said Thursday that he was postponing his movie projects. He acknowledged earlier this week that he fathered a child out of wedlock more than a decade ago and neglected to tell his wife until this year.
The former movie star and California governor was also set to star in the film "Cry Macho" and in talks for more "Terminator" sequels.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 10 min ago
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 32 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
10 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
48 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
44 min ago