2 contestants tied in race for 'Dancing' crown
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- With one dance remaining, two "Dancing With the Stars" finalists are tied for the judges' top spot.
Chelsea Kane and Hines Ward each scored 59 points out of 60 for their two dances on Monday's episode. Fellow finalist Kirstie Alley finished with 54 points.
Each will perform one final dance on Tuesday, when a new "Dancing" champ will be crowned.
Judges' scores are combined with viewer votes to determine where the celebrity dancers rank. Viewers can cast five votes each.
Kane, a Disney Channel star, and Ward, who was named most valuable player at the Super Bowl in 2006, each earned a perfect score of 30 for their freestyle dances. They each collected 29 points for their judges' choice dances: Samba for her and quickstep for him.
Alley earned 27 points for each of her routines: A samba and a freestyle that she performed in a black bodysuit that revealed her leaner figure.
kirstie alley, sugar ray leonard, dancing with the stars, hines ward, ralph macchio, romeo, wendy williams, petra nemcova, mike catherwood, chris jericho, chelsea kane, kendra wilkinson, tom bergeron, brooke burke, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 6 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad