2 contestants tied in race for 'Dancing' crown
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- With one dance remaining, two "Dancing With the Stars" finalists are tied for the judges' top spot.
Chelsea Kane and Hines Ward each scored 59 points out of 60 for their two dances on Monday's episode. Fellow finalist Kirstie Alley finished with 54 points.
Each will perform one final dance on Tuesday, when a new "Dancing" champ will be crowned.
Judges' scores are combined with viewer votes to determine where the celebrity dancers rank. Viewers can cast five votes each.
Kane, a Disney Channel star, and Ward, who was named most valuable player at the Super Bowl in 2006, each earned a perfect score of 30 for their freestyle dances. They each collected 29 points for their judges' choice dances: Samba for her and quickstep for him.
Alley earned 27 points for each of her routines: A samba and a freestyle that she performed in a black bodysuit that revealed her leaner figure.
kirstie alley, sugar ray leonard, dancing with the stars, hines ward, ralph macchio, romeo, wendy williams, petra nemcova, mike catherwood, chris jericho, chelsea kane, kendra wilkinson, tom bergeron, brooke burke, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 29 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 15 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs