Oscar voting to be done online
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- And the winner is... going to be determined online.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is planning to change its voting system to allow members to make their picks electronically, rather than through mailed, paper ballots the way they have for years.
The approximately 6,000 members of the Academy received a letter recently, asking that they provide updated email addresses. No exact timetable for the shift is in place, but this is the first step, Academy spokeswoman Leslie Unger said Tuesday.
The change, which The New York Times first reported, could result in an earlier Oscar ceremony. The show usually takes place in late February.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police search for missing Delco mother 5 min ago
- Record Warmth! 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 36 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 40 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
40 min ago
- Record Warmth!
2 min ago