After `Dancing,' no more reality TV for Alley
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- After coming in second on "Dancing With the Stars," Kirstie Alley says she's done with reality TV.
The 60-year-old actress said Tuesday that her time on "Dancing" has motivated her to return to acting with new focus and determination.
She said learning to dance on the hit show "re-inspired me with all the things that I've had great success with already and sort of got complacent about."
Alley plans to take on a movie role next month. She's also looking for a new TV series and is considering Broadway.
She confessed she was sad she and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy didn't win "Dancing." Characterizing herself as "not the average cupcake," she said her partner deserved kudos for making the oldest and heaviest contestant this season into a championship dancer.
kirstie alley, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 35 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 45 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more