'Oprah' finale scores biggest audience in 17 years
NEW YORK (AP) -May 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Preliminary figures show Wednesday's finale of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" scored its highest audience in 17 years.
The Nielsen Co. said Thursday that the final episode delivered a 13.3 household rating in the nation's metered markets.
It was the highest number since February 1994. That's when an "Oprah" episode called "People Shed Their Disguises" got a 13.4 rating.
Metered market ratings measure roughly half the nation and can't be translated into audience figures. A viewer count for the "Oprah" finale won't be available from Nielsen for two weeks.
The metered market rating for Monday's surprise farewell episode of "Oprah" logged a 10.2. Nielsen said Tuesday's episode got a 10.7.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 34 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 11 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 20 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash