'Oprah' finale scores biggest audience in 17 years
NEW YORK (AP) -May 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Preliminary figures show Wednesday's finale of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" scored its highest audience in 17 years.
The Nielsen Co. said Thursday that the final episode delivered a 13.3 household rating in the nation's metered markets.
It was the highest number since February 1994. That's when an "Oprah" episode called "People Shed Their Disguises" got a 13.4 rating.
Metered market ratings measure roughly half the nation and can't be translated into audience figures. A viewer count for the "Oprah" finale won't be available from Nielsen for two weeks.
The metered market rating for Monday's surprise farewell episode of "Oprah" logged a 10.2. Nielsen said Tuesday's episode got a 10.7.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested 18 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire 30 min ago
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos